Monday, April 25, 2011

Polygamy - Brigham vs the Book of Mormon

"If any of you will deny the plurality of wives and continue to do so, I promise that you will be damned."  ~ Brigham Young - Deseret News November 14, 1855
"Wherefore, my brethren, hear me, and hearken to the word of the Lord: For there shall not be any man among you have save it be one wife; and concubines he shall have none; For I, the Lord God, delight in the chastity of women. And whoredoms are an abomination before me; thus saith the Lord of Hosts....For they shall not lead away captive the daughters of my people because of their tenderness, save I shall visit them with a sore curse, even unto destruction..."  ~ Book of Mormon - Jacob 2:27-28,33

2 comments:

  1. Nice juxtaposition! I'll tell you how I feel about BY... "It's Hulk smash time!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I anticipate more juxtaposition in future posts...

    ReplyDelete